Effective Date: July 2019
1. HOW WE OBTAIN PERSONAL DATA
The Service collects and processes personal data, which is information about you or that identifies you, as well as anonymous data, which does not identify you.
We obtain your personal data directly from you when you use the Service. If you have any questions or concerns about our disclosure of personal data please contact us at your earliest convenience using the contact information found below.
Subject to legal, contractual and technical requirements, you may choose not to provide Lemonade with certain data or request the deletion of certain data, which may impact the accuracy of the estimates of the cost of the Service or quality of the Service provided.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We understand that your privacy is very important and as such we aim to be fully transparent about the personal and anonymous data that we collect and process. We collect certain personal and anonymous data when you first sign up with the Service and while you use the Service. On occasion, the anonymous data that we collect is linked with personal data making it no longer anonymous. The following is a description of the personal data that we may collect, use and process in connection with the Service:
- your first and last name, your street address, your phone number your password and your email address, if you choose to provide it when communicating with us;
- details about the location on which the Service is to be performed, including but not limited to, its address, its size, the type of building and the type of surfaces that needs cleaning (ex. windows or siding);
- details about the use of certain features on the Service, such as the length of time inputting data and frequency of use; and
- information about your computer, phone, web-connected devices or other devices used to connect with the Service including but not limited to, operating system information, geo-location information, operations performed on the device and unique identifiers that may identify you over time and across different websites including your IP address or other device identifiers.
If you are a business much of the data collected from you is not considered personal data in most jurisdictions but may still be personal data if connected or linked with other personal data such as employee names, addresses or phone numbers.
We also collect anonymous data that does not identify you, including but not limited to responses to anonymous feedback requests, metrics and other types of statistical data, which can be derived from the use of the Service.
3. PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL AND ANONYMOUS DATA
We process your personal and anonymous data primarily for our business purposes. These uses include but are not limited to:
- providing the Service to you, including understanding your needs, improving the quality of the Service, estimating the Service cost, providing customer support and feedback, analyzing functionality and technical issues, tracking use of the Service and generating reports and data models;
- supporting the security and integrity of the Service including controlling access to the Service, detecting and protecting Lemonade and third-parties against privacy breaches, error, fraud, theft, suspicious activity, violations of the Terms and Conditions and other illegal activity or for contractual, legal, regulatory or audit obligations; and
- contacting you for various reasons including feedback requests or marketing purposes, if you previously consented to such contact.
- We may disclose your personal and anonymous data to our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees and contractors for the same purposes described above. We may also disclose your personal and anonymous data to third parties, who may be located in a foreign jurisdiction and subject to foreign laws. The situations where we disclose your personal and anonymous data to third-parties include, but are not limited to:
- processing your information as described above and providing or enhancing the Service features;
- providing customer support and feedback, analyzing functionality and technical issues, tracking use of the Service and generating reports and data models that we use to improve the service;
- responding to requests from law enforcement or a government agency asserting lawful authority to obtain the data or where Lemonade has reasonable grounds to believe the data could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of data, to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and data, or to our legal counsel; and
- defending Lemonade in a legal, regulatory or administrative proceeding or in a contractual dispute.
4. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
5. COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHONOLGIES
6. OBTAINING, RECTIFYING AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may contact Lemonade to obtain a copy of any personal data we collect about you, the production of which may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law. In addition, you may contact Lemonade to correct inaccurate personal data or to complete incomplete personal data.
You may be able to opt-out of some or all of the ways in which your personal data is processed, or request the deletion of certain personal data, except where the personal data is necessary or vital for:
- performance of contractual or legal obligations, such as those found in the Terms and Conditions;
- protecting your interests or those of another person; and
- our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third-party,
and request deletion by contacting us using the contact information found below.
7. DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
While Lemonade is a Canadian company, the data you provide through the Service may be stored and processed by third parties in countries around the world. You authorize Lemonade and third parties acting on our behalf to process your data in any country of their choosing, which may cause your data, including personal and anonymous data, to be subject to privacy protections and legal rights that may not be equivalent to those in your country.
Your personal data is retained until you request its deletion or until Lemonade no longer requires such data for the purpose for which it was collected.
8. CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP OR BUSINESS TRANSITION
We are committed to ensuring that your data is secure. To prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or the breach, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect and process.
10. CONTACT PREFERENCES
We communicate with you primarily through the Service itself, but we may sometimes collect your email address in order to respond to support requests or comments. If you have provided us with your email address and would like to change the email preferences we associate with you (for example, unsubscribing from receiving certain types of email) you may do so by clicking a link within certain types of emails that we send to you or, if no link is available, by replying with “unsubscribe” in the email title or body or by modifying your email settings within the Service. On rare occasions, some types of email are necessary for the Service and cannot be unsubscribed from if you continue to use the Service.
12. CONTACT US
Privacy Support Team
Comments are closed.